Best double stroller: considering Emmaljunga Double Viking / 735

Good morning!

I've posted a lot about different strollers and have a few great ones in my mind. Not in my husband's mind though so that's a problem ;) Like I said, we did buy used Phil&Teds -strollers but they're kinda worn out so I'm gonna need new ones I can really count on. And by that I mean I want ones that are sturdy since I will be carrying my two little ones in those, after all. Also I kinda want my children to sit next to one another, and P&T doesn't work that way. Here's a site I read and started my comparing process. The problem still is, there are just so many options out there in the 'stroller jungle', which makes my decision even harder.

Bugaboo

Anyway, I've become a Bugaboo fan after reading many reviews on them and sort grown into them: I want them. They have many good qualities I'm looking for, such as big tires, they're sturdy, have a big basket underseat for groceries and most important - they look nice. But they're expensive ones so that's kinda kept me away from just buying them. I know many people order them online from stores such as Babyplus or Babycare and get them a few hundred euros cheaper than buying them in Finland. Just send in an order - that's what I've read from all those blogs and Facebook conversations I follow :) But still, 1000€ or more is a lot of money for many. (You can check those links above - I don't get anything from people clicking on them ;))

Emmaljunga

So those above words being said, my hunt continued and is still on. I started comparing Emmaljunga Double Viking / 735 -stroller with Bugaboo one and I actually really liked how it looks like. It's rather narrow (73,5 cm wide) and also very light (10,9 kg) for being a double stroller. Comes in many different colours too. I did have Emmaljunga before and liked it but had to sell it because it wasn't suitable for a baby (the resting position didn't go all the way down). Did cry a bit after selling them, really did.
These one's aren't the cheapest ones either (ok, under 1000€ without extra accessories) and since they are quite new, there aren't that many used ones on the market yet. But just like Bugaboo, this one's got really good retail value which is always good to know when buying something you're just not that sure you'll stick with for too long. Yes, you can always change your mind and sometimes very quickly.

Here's a picture I borrowed on Emmaljunga's site - I think they look nice for double stroller, don't you?

http://www.emmaljunga.co.uk/stroller/double-viking/
Emmaljunga Double Viking / 735

Stroller for one, a freerider board and a sling

No this option is one my husband voted for: get a new stroller for just one child that comes with a carrycot for the newborn and which you can easily take off when the older child sits on them. That way I could:
  • use them already now that I only have one child,
  • use them with a sling or a carrier for the baby (older child sits on them) or
  • use a freerider board for the older one and baby in a carrycot
Obviously I can't really compare Bugaboo or Emmaljunga ones since I haven't had either one of these. What do you think, which ones should I get? Or should I just choose the last option and hope little L will be happy with a freerider and occasionally have the opportunity to sit on them? He's already 2 years old so who knows how long he'll really need a stroller to sit in - maybe only for naptime, every now and then? Thank god I still have a few months left to make up mind :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!