Working from home with a sick child and a training program to begin

Yes, today I worked from my home office which was nice in a way that I didn't have to get ready to go to work. That usually saves a lot of time, even though my actual work place is very close to my home. Today especially it was nice to be able to work from home since we had a rough night: L has a flu and he coughing a lot last night. My husband took care of him the half day and I started after I was done with my work - talk about shifts! I only had to work half day today so it made this a bit easier. I hate to always call the grandparents to come and help us when L is sick, even though they're more than willing to do so, but they're getting older too so I don't always want to bother them.

L is not the easiest to put into sleep during the day but luckily we have a safe balcony and another set of strollers inside the apartment so he fell easily asleep outside. Let's hope he'll get better soon and that I'll be able to go to work tomorrow for my team work day at the hotel I mentioned yesterday. And for L's sake too - when he's sick he wont sleep or eat and that's just not fun for anyone. Besides - he has a super fun day tomorrow at day care: they're going to a field trip!

Training program

My husband applied to a training program no that he's unemployed, although he's applying for various jobs as well. So today it's the orientation to that program and the only thing is that he has to find a company that will want to start this program with him. Eventually (after 4-6 months that this program lasts) they usually hire the person. There's an organization behind all this and they have better contacts to different kind of companies so I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed!! This training he's going for will focus on project management in ICT-related field. That's not exactly what he's background is about but hey, this field definitely has a wide variety of jobs available. And that's what I do so..more project managers to this family! :)

Learning a new language

Speaking of training, WordDive has different programs for many different languages for you to learn. You can try it for free and if you like it, you can make an order. I used one of these years ago when learning english and I have to say it's never too late to learn a new language. I took spanish in college while I live in the US but I have to say my spanish skills are not something I should brag about ;) Last summer we travelled to Italy and I have to - it would've been a lot easier if we'd known at least the basics of italian language. Having a sick child in Italy and not really understanding the local doctor - what a nightmare although the doctor (and everyone else) was super nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!