Baby's gaining more weight, dealing with a toddler and planning a christening party

So baby had his check-up today at the health care center. He's gained more weight than I expected and grown a lot too (3,8 kg / 53 cm) so we're doing good :) Next check-up is in two weeks so let's hope this continues. He also sleeps quite well, you know, for a little baby; 3-4 hrs in a row which would be just perfect. And then there's the but: our toddler has started waking up at night, usually around 3 am and he keeps screaming for some time - feels like 2 hrs but probably closer to 30 minutes or so. It sucks, for many reasons. First of all, I don't even get that 3-4 hrs of sleep and now I'm exhausted. More strong coffee for me, please! Luckily he does (eventually) fall back asleep and then sleeps for good 3-4 hrs. It sucks for him too because he does need more sleep during the night. When he sleeps well, he eats well and that goes the other way too. Let's just hope this is a phase that'll go away soon. The nurse, which I met today at health care center at the check-up, wasn't too worried about our toddler. I mean, there have been just so many changes in our lives in the past month (moving and saying goodbye to our old house and the baby's been born) so she just said 'be patient and let's see it again in a month or so'. Let's all hope that!!

Other than that, I'm good. My next big project is the planning of my baby's christening party. So much to do but hey, parties are fun, right?! I already bought a few things and I'm almost done with the planning, you know, what to eat. That's the most important thing :) I'm preparing almost everything by myself so let's see how it ends up ;) I'm baking a cake, muffins, a traditional sandwich cake (or a similar to that one behind the link) or two.. and I'll order something from a bakery, too. I still need decorations, such as balloons and other stuff - in blue color, of course, because that's the theme. This page had some ideas I've been thinking about and this one too. Thank god I still have few more weeks to plan everything!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!