Bugaboo comfort wheel board vs Bumbrider sit wheel board

Good sunday, everyone!

I can't believe we're almost one month away from christmas and there's absolutely no snow left! Last weekend we made a snowguy (lumiukko, that is in finnish ;)) and this weekend..looking outside as it's raining. Crazy weather.

Anyway, I promised on my latest instagram post that I'd write about my latest purchase (the bugaboo wheeled board, love it!) versus Bumbrider sit wheel board which I had and worked just fine on my Bugaboo donkey duo..but I sold it.
Why? Here's my top 5 - don't worry, it's not a long list :)

Bugaboo comfort wheel board

+ when not in use, you can just push it up - even with the seat on - no string needed (compared to their older version where you needed a string to keep it up)
+ ..and when in use, you can just simply pull it back down. This seems like a no big deal -type of thing but when you're in a hurry, see the bus coming and just need to get everything ready for the bus, it's those 3 sec's that matter. It's clever.
+ looks nice. It does. I've always loved Bugaboo tires and this one has the same idea (black and white together).
+ tire. It's goes smoothly, even on curbs and rough terrain which have a lot here on the countryside.
+ seat. You can easily (with just a click) take it off if you need to and put it back when you're using it again.
+ size. It's small enough, at least when using Bugaboo donkey as a duo so you're not always kicking it with your feet.
+ price. I got mine second hand (86€, delivered) and I think it's 115€ + 20€ for the adapter so not too pricey.
- this one doesn't have a handle-bar so which might be a problem for someone. My kid likes to hold the carrycot (not too hard though) or on the other side of the chassis.

Bugaboo comfort wheel board


Bumbrider sit

+ two wheels. It's easier to walk "inside" it if you know what I mean - tires aren't in your way.
+ seat and handle bar. It's convenient to have something to hang on to.
+ it's universal so it works on most strollers. We had it in our Bugaboo but also on our Emmaljunga stroller. No need to buy several different adapters.
+ price
- when not in use, you need a string: for some reason mine wouldn't stay up when I hit a curve or a big rock so the whole thing fell on my foot and it hurt! Okay, I'm sure you'll find a better way of putting it but mine just didn't work.
-- when not in use, you need to take of the seat in order to put it up; otherwise it wont go all the way up (like bugaboo does) so it's in your way.
-- it's super-hard to take off the seat, or at least it takes time to take it.
- tires. They're "hard", meaning it wont roll that smoothly on any rough terrain.
- comfort wheel itself is adjustable. Meaning, you have to adjust it so it's on the right level: not too low or not too high. I just like to have a comfort wheel that's always on the right level. I hate adjusting anything but that's of course because it works on different stroller types.

Bumbrider sit wheel board


So here's my short list for the pro's and con's - hope this helped at least someone on choosing between these 2 :) My personal winner is Bugaboo comfort wheel board and that's solely based on my own experience. All in all, both are good ones and I think if you're thinking about not buying a double stroller but still need a seat for your older one, this is a fine solution. Or just buy a carrier or a wrap for the baby and keep your toddler in the stroller. Yep, that might be my next move ;) (just check out those Ellevill wraps - they're just beautiful! And no, this is not a paid commercial).

Happy sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!