Selling old clothes to thrift store

Good morning, everyone!

Today I'm going to a thrift store here in Helsinki - a store, that sells both baby/toddler clothes and accessories as well as women's clothing & accessories. The only difference to a regular thrift store is that the stuff this store sells is primarily new or barely used. Of course the price is less than half compared to new stuff. Nice, huh?!
I took some of my old stuff (okay, 4 Ikea bags full of clothes, shoes, jewellery etc.) there last week and thought they would call and tell me they wouldn't pay for those. They do have a policy, that you can only bring certain type of stuff there (rather new, all clean & ironed). They actually texted me yesterday and said they would pay me almost 30€! I think I did pretty well considered I was gonna just throw most of that stuff away.
I love recycling and I have to admit I do buy lots of used clothes, for example. Only if they're in good shape and usually kids clothes are because kids grow so fast so they barely have time to wear same clothing twice. That happened to most of L:s clothes when he was a baby: some clothes that I bought all new he barely used once or twice. Of course, I don't buy everything used because I do wanna buy some new ones, some really cute ones and save them for L (and same for our new baby later this year).
Other thing is maternity clothing. You only wear them for such a short time so it's a waste of money to buy everything new when you can get used ones for such a good price. And usually they are still in a great shape, too. For example, I bought new maternity jeans from this same thrift store I'm visiting today for 6€ instead of paying at least 30-40€ for new ones. And again, I do buy some totally new - especially the ones I wear for work and this is only my opinion - I'd love to hear some comments.

So off I go now. Have a good day you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!