Baking a cake for 2 year old boy

Our monday started off okay in the countryside - we woke up 1 hour earlier than normal and it took about 1 hour altogether to go to the city; get L to day-care and myself to work. Not too bad, and besides I got to work earlier than usual - I can go home soon :) I only work 80% of my regular work hours so that's why I get to leave earlier. And I have to say I didn't sleep too well last night because I was a little worried how this morning would go. Why I always have to worry?

Today's a baking day - Luka turns 2 tomorrow! Can't believe it's already been 2 years that we brought him home from the hospital (as I gave birth to him, that is). So we're baking a cake and according to mister L, it needs to be chocolate. That's fine with me, I love chocolate :) Tomorrow, we're just celebrating the 3 of us. We'll have a proper birthday party for him later this spring with all the relatives but that wont be until we can get back to our apartment. That's when my husband and I want to bake a cake that looks like a car :) I might have to try it first before serving it to relatives - I'm not very good at baking. Any suggestions, good recipes to share? I found this one and I'm sure it'll be fine for a 2 year old as well :)

I also ordered a birthday present for L from Lekmer and I ended up getting this one
Hope he likes it! Too bad he wont get it tomorrow but I have something little for him as well.
He likes cars and even sleeps with his truck(s) - I'm finally getting to understand boys/men and the passion about cars :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!