Cough drops and sleeping on the couch

If there's something normal about winter, it's the flu season. It hit us hard this year, ever since our son (let's call him L from now on) switched to a bigger day-care center this january. I mean, he got it the first day!! And of course I did too :) I guess this pregnancy makes it easier for all the bugs get into me - I'm like a giant sponge attracting all the germs. Nice. And it's almost march already so really, when is it gonna stop?
So this past week my help's been cough drops and lots and lots of kleenex:


What do you do to prevent from getting this nasty flu? Did you get the flu shot? Health care professionals have different views on getting the flu shot, especially here in Finland. Needless to say, I didn't get it this year. I'm not a health care professional by any means, but I think I will take it next year - I still don't think it's a good thing to get it while pregnant.

Sleeping on the couch? Yes, my cough has been so bad I was forced to move to living room and to sleep on the couch. No I'm the one keeping my toddler awake at night by coughing!

My main goal on this article was actually the fact that we changed to a bigger day-care center and at the same time all of us got really sick - especially me. What do you prefer: toddlers staying at home with their (usually) mom or taking them to day-dare center? Or have hired a live-in nanny (au pair)? By the way, did I mention already I used to work as an au pair in the US some years ago? I did, and have so many great memories from those years to share!! Maybe some pic's as well :) I will write about it later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!