When buying stuff second-hand is not worth it

Good (rainy) morning, everyone!

I am a big fan of second-hand, as many of you know it if you have read my blog since the very beginning. Not only because you save some money buying stuff second-hand but there are other good reasons too. You just don't always need to buy everything new, its just a thing for me.
Anyway, not going any further on this, but I recently purchased a babywearing jacket online, and by that I mean I got it as a used one. Second-hand, that is. It was one of those quite expensive ones so I thought I should definitely get it because I wasn't sure how long I was gonna wear it. Everything seemed fine, I paid it and got it home.
Baby and I went for a walk as I wanted to try my new purchase in real action, as to say it, and went to a nearby mall. So what happened, the alarm started beeping REALLY loud as I walked in to the store. I was a bit confused and embarrassed, of course, because I did not want anyone to think I had stolen anything. It made that same alarm or beeping noise when I exited the store. How embarrassing, really!! And someone came to kindly ask me if I had paid my chocolate. Or course I had, and we were thinking about how did that (alarm) happen.
After my visit to the store, baby and I got straight back home and I took off my new babywearing jacket and my baby. And guess what I found in my jacket - an alarm or beeper, what ever you call it!! You know, the one they always take out at the store after you have paid it. And my jacket still had it.. I had to text the seller of this jacket and obviously she had many explanations. It was probably forgotten there and she had not noticed it even though she wore the jacket for months. Months!! I wish I could but I just could not believe what she was saying. I wish I could but I just cant.
So my lesson was learned, and that means I will definitely check the product first before buying it from someone I don't even know (in this case I paid it, didn't see it at first and got delivered to my house). Flea markets are different, they don't fall in to this category even though be careful what you buy. You just don't know if you can trust people anymore, or at least that's my experience from this one. And it sucks! So be careful and please check the product when you have it and BEFORE you buy it from someone you don't know, ask for receipts etc. Especially when buying expensive items such as strollers etc. I really hope my jacket wasn't stolen but a small part in me thinks that's the case. Am I gonna wear that jacket anymore - I don't think so.
Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!