August is here and back to school shopping at Stockmann!

Good morning!!

I just can't believe how fast this summer has gone by and it's already august! My husband starts at his new job in less than two weeks (he found a job, yay!) and we still haven't had our summer vacation here in Finland I talked about. It just seems too much right now and even going to a shopping mall is too much with toddler running around the place and baby wanting to eat every 30 mins..we'll see now. Although we can't complain..our relatives came for a visit and they have 4 sons aged 1-8. That is something and they're even expecting one more! I call that brave ;)
Our family life is getting back to normal: the toddler sleeps all night long and the jealousy towards the baby is slowly going away. And baby? Well, he's a sleeper so we got lucky this time: sometimes he even sleeps 4-5 hours in a row and that's awesome!! I get to sleep, love it.

Now that schools are starting again, it's the time of the year you need to buy all new backpacks, books, clothes, shoes..you mention it. And what's the best place to get it all? Well, I say in Finland it's Stockmann in Helsinki. I just received their newest little loyal customer's booklet/magazine (what's that called?!) and it always makes me wanna buy stuff - the pictures are so great and selling in that magazine!! And why would I be interested in back to school -stuff since I don't even have school aged children? Because I will be a student this fall with the open university of Helsinki :) So proud, back to my psychology studies which I love and can study over the internet so it's perfect for me with the baby. Besides, psychology is soooo interesting.

Anyway, happy shopping if you're interested and even if not, Stockmann has a great coffee place plus some restaurants and it's easy to go there with kids and even with strollers. That was my place during my first maternity (and parental) leave, remember. They even have a small play area with toys for bigger babies/toddlers and a room with changing tables. Not the best but for a baby that can sit up (5-8 months, I'd say) it's a perfect little play area. You can park your stroller right by the area so it's convenient - and no, Stockmann doesn't pay me anything for saying this so this is only for giving some advice for those who needs it :) Helsinki doesn't have that many great coffee places with play areas for toddlers / changing area for babies -type of places so Stockmann has been my #1 choice for that reason.
Again, happy shopping or if you're still on holiday like many are, enjoy your last days even though it's not that warm anymore! My baby just fell asleep after his breakfast and the toddler is still sleeping so I might eat my breakfast in peace - awesome!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!