Found a new pediatrician and starting to donate breast milk

Hello!

What a beautiful fall it's been so far - sunny and warm almost every day for the past week or so! Love it!
Only thing that I'm not loving is that my little baby has gotten sick: he has a flu and also something wrong with his little tummy. Constipation, that is and we actually went to a doctor yesterday and found a really good pediatrician. You know, the one that is so empathetic, listens to you like there's no one else in the world and tries to find the best cure for you child. Luckily, I think we found a way together to make baby feel better (and poop, too) so it's already getting better. But I have to say I always get to scared when something happens to my children - that's what parents do: always worrying.
I also started something that's really close to my heart and wanting to do that ever since my youngest son was born. That is I began to donate my breast milk since I have lots of it and I wanna help newborns who really needs it (and their mommy can't give it to them for some reason). That is what my baby got at first since he was born prematurely and I wasn't producing just quite yet. And he's growing as he should be so I'm very grateful we we're given that milk at that time. No it's my turn to do the favor so here I go :) The only question I'd ask why not?
So in order to this, I got these instructions from the hospital (sorry, these are mostly only in finnish). In a nutshell I collect all the excess milk (with breast pump), cool it under cool water and then put it in the fridge. Then in the end of the day, I put all the milk I've collected that day to the freezer and every monday morning a person from the hospital will come, pick up the frozen milk, give me new packages to freezing more milk and takes the milk to the hospital. I just have to make sure all the equipment, aka. the breast pump, is all sanitized after each use. If this helps even one child, then I'm happy! This is my way of doing charity work and if this really helps someone, that makes me super happy.
And the baby wakes up (he's in a carrier - the only place he'll sleep) - perfect timing! It's time for my coffee and apple pie I made from the apples my parents picked for me. Yummy!! And after that it's milk time! Enjoy your day :)

Home made apple pie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!