DIY handlebar cover and discount code for sunglasses @Lenson

Hey there!

Time flies, it's already april! In less than 2 weeks me and my family will be in Greece for a week!! I just cannot wait. Even though I do have so much to do before flying there, such as buying swimsuits and other summer gear for my toddler (nothing fits from last summer :(), baby food for my baby, new sunglasses for me.. Yeah, that link goes to Lenson and that's a discount code - 10% off (SUNNYSALE) for their sunglasses. It's beginning to be that time again when you really need to invest on good pair of sunglasses since the sun is showing again. Or if not in your country but at least if you're travelling somewhere sunny and warm, then you'll need a pair for sure :) So check it out!

I also changed my double stroller, again, to a Phil and Teds Navigator. Why? Because I wanted to have a really small stroller that would also have a seat for my 3 year old if he wants to sit on it every now and then, and he also naps in it occasionally. I did like my previous one, Mountain Buggy duet (I have several pics of it on my Instagram account) but it was a "typical" double stroller and sorta big so I needed a change. This on is perfect and suits our needs just fine - I'm sure we wont need one that much longer since our toddler prefers walking/biking.
Anyway, I was saying that I got this new stroller but it has those ugly foamy handlebar covers. I hated them cause they always end up breaking and even though this one was in good shape, it did have a few cracks in it. Just like my Bugaboo donkey duo, I wanted to have a leather (or faux-leather) handlebar covers but didn't want to pay that much buying it. So I made it myself! Here's how it turned like, and I have to say happy :) I bought the material for like 2€ and only used like half of it. I measured the handlebar, sewed both ends and then put it on the handlebar, and sewed it on it. Mine doesn't have zippers so it's permanently on it and when I do want to take it, I have to un-sew it (is that a real phrase?!) So basically what I did, is called lacing, and you can see more pictures of how it is properly done here. That site has some really nice looking covers but they are a bit too expensive for me so this diy-style works for me :) Mine does have wrinkles on it and it's not that smooth but I'm okay with it :)
This is how it should look like (this picture is borrowed from Stylebug.cc web page):


Enjoy your week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!