Planning on our summer vacation

Hello everyone!

Just as I've only been back to Finland for 3 days, I'm already planning on our next trip - our summer vacation. I also posted a pic on my instagram to show what it looks like here in Finland :) You see why I need to back somewhere warm? Besides - dreaming is half the journey, right?

One of the beaches near Kato Stalos, Crete in april, 2017

Anywho, I started to look for our next destination and have no clue, where we should go. Travelling with kids can be tough but I just love that warm weather and looong sand beaches so why not. Here are some travel agencies that have the best deals I've found so far - some are operated only in Finland:

So we loved crete and I kinda wanna go back to Greece even though it's gonna be very hot in july. I looked for Zakynthos but on the other hand Croatia sounds like a place I'd like to visit and I haven't visited there before. Our usual one is Pärnu in Estonia which really works for us - you can travel there by boat, and there's plenty of things to do while on board (such as Eckerö Line), plus you can take your car with you. Pärnu is only few hours from Tallinn, which is where the boat takes you. There's a lot to do in Pärnu: many spa-hotels, long sandy beach, playgrounds for kids, many restaurants which are quite cheap etc. But there are also other places worth the visit in Estonia, like Haapsalu. I haven't been there but there's a castle which is something my older son would definitely like.

Other interesting places are Malta and I've been there once like 8 years ago, and I really liked it. Spain and Portugal are interesting too, but again - short flight would be nice because of the kids. That's why Croatia and Germany as well would be perfect. Okay, as you can see, I've just started this planning ;)

One thing I must point out now since I just got back from our travels is what were my most important things while travelling with kids:
  • a sling / a carrier: streets in the island of Crete were so narrow at times that it was easier just put your baby in a sling and leave the stroller in the hotel.
  • baby food: as I mentioned earlier, the season hadn't started yet so none of the stores (even Lidl!) had no baby food in their selection. I'm glad I took all the 30 (!) cans of food :)
  • medication: kids always get sick and even though most people have an insurance with them, it's easier to have your most important medication with you (such as panadol for kids). When we travelled to Ischia, Italy in 2015, our now toddler got sick, and it took forever to find a doctor. Because he was the only doctor on the island, and of course we didn't have any medication with us :( So, grab it.
  • things to do: depending on their age, pack enough entertainment for them, or plane rides turn into nightmare.
  • enough clothes and sunscreen.
  • snacks: for kids (especially on the plane) but also for you. Hungry people become mean - I know it.
  • cash: there are places in the world that don't accept visa or other credit cards, and an ATM is miles away..yikes.
Other than that, happy planning on your next vacation! I'll continue now since my both kids are asleep :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!