Back to work and facing new challenges as a working mom

Hey everyone!


It's been a crazy month so far: I returned back to work from my maternity leave and my youngest son (aka 'the baby') started at daycare - full time. I gotta say, things are slowly getting better and we're all adjusting to this change but it surely has had an impact on all of us. Boys are very tired at night after daycare and so am I. I'm used to spending my days outdoors, not indoors, and that makes me tired! I mean, I pretty much do the same stuff at the same project as a project manager but things have gone forward so I do need to take the time and learn new stuff. But all in all, things are going well :)


What actually surpised me was that how easily (and fast!) days would go. My husband takes the kids to daycare in the morning and I get to leave for work at 7 am so I'm there early and therefore get to leave early in order to pick up my kids early. So days go really fast, not to mention I have meetings 90% of my worktime. I only work 4 days a week so fridays are off and I get to spend them with my little ones <3. Love it! The only thing is my salary is smaller and I do need to do my work really fast so I can take that one day off per week. Needless to say, I do need that one day off because my youngest son really misses his mommy and those long days at daycare are loooong for him. Poor little guy but I know it'll get better as time goes by.


We also have one more challenge: how to keep this marriage and not separate. I know, people do divorce when they have little kids, both work and are just exhausted all the time - there's really no time for romance. Let's hope things will be better soon and we all cope. And there's no time for cleaning anymore!! Does everyone hire a cleaner or how do you do it? People do need to sleep every now and then, that's for sure. "Too many things, not enough hours (or something)".


Ok, that's my short writing but it's better than nothing and also to let you know I'm still here :)


Enjoy your week, my weekend starts in just a few hours :)
- H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!