My toddler turned 3

How fast time flies?! I mean, my toddler just turned 3 last week and we basically celebrated all week. We had an actual b-day party on saturday with close family and everything went well (even the cake I baked!!) except for the fact that my baby got sick. Ear-infection, ouch :( Poor little guy - he's got a runny nose and he keeps coughing all night long. He even has antibiotics for a week and clearly they're already working since he slept just a bit better last night. I'm hoping I'm not getting it since taking care of two little ones is hectic enough so with a flu it would be just too much.

So just a few words of the b-day party..I did bake a cake. By myself. I asked my toddler what he wanted and he wanted a car-cake. Just like last year! Expect that I actually made a cake that looked like a car - this year I 'cheated' and made just a regular cake and bought one these to put on top of the cake. Easy! And everyone liked my cake, especially my little one. Unfortunately, that day was super busy with a sick baby and everything so I didn't even take any pictures of this cake. I also made two pastrys (one with ham, the other with salmon) which both turned out so well. Then we also had a mixed salad with feta cheese, kalamata olives, red pepper, sun dried tomatoes, plum tomatoes and cucamber with lettuce, of course. Cookies, cheese, other cookies, another english style cake..I was gonna make just a cake but I always end up making so much more :) I don't care the work - as long as people are happy I'm happy :)
I'm already stressing over my baby's 1st birthday party which will be in the end of june. I know, 3 more months to go but I always start planning super early just to make sure I've everything under control - and then end up changing everything 2 days before the show :)

So after all that preparation I did it was so much fun to just hang out yesterday with my little boys. My toddler changed his day care schedule from monday to friday 8-12 to 3 times a week, 6 hrs a day. I works so much better since now I have just a bit of my own time when my baby sleeps during the day (read: I get to do the laundry and vacuum in peace :D)) Besides now we have monday and friday too for that hang time - just like yesterday we went to a park and the weather was just awesome. Sunny but cold :) I signed both my boys including myself to a music play school that's on mondays. That starts next week, can't wait!

Okay, that's all folks. My baby is ready to go for his first nap of the day and I need to go hang my laundry. Have a great week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!