Babywearing all the time

Good morning!

It's cold outside, and I get to stay inside because my husband took our toddler to day care - priceless!! I'm telling, these early mornings with two kids are just overwhelming every now and then so I really don't mind when hubby suggests something like this :)

A while ago I sold our P&T verve double stroller. Just because I just didn't like it that much: even though it's bigger than sport or explorer from the same brand, I didn't like how my baby was sleeping 'on the ground' and with all the winter clothes it was getting harder to putting him there. You know, the underseat for sibbling. Just not my thing, so it had to go but now we're without a double stroller. Yikes! I even thought about buying a Bugaboo donkey duo (again!) but no - I won't do it. There's just not enough use for the price, no no no. I have pic's of my P&T (and Bugaboo as well) on my Insta if you're interested seeing them.
So instead of putting them both in a stroller at a same time, I kinda got into the babywearing mode. I mean, really I did. I bought a quite expensive Artipoppe Snow Tyger sling in size 5, and it's just perfect. It's made of cotton and linen so it holds my 7,5 kg baby really well without hurting my shoulders which I can't say about my 100% cotton sling - that one kills my shoulders instead :) This sling works really well under my babywearing coat from Lenny Lamb, which I just ordered as well (not a paid ad!).  Or just my regular coat if you don't wanna buy a babywearing coat. I love wearing my baby under my jacket because then I don't need to dress him for everything - just a wool overall, wool socks, mittens, merino wool hat-scarf combination and a warm hat works just fine. Yesterday when my toddler was sick and stayed home we went for a walk with the stroller (stroller for one, that is) because toddler needed his nap, I had my baby on a sling and he slept for the hole 2 hours :) Inside my jacket, how cute :)
Of course, a double stroller would be easier: just put them both in the stroller and go. It's convenient when they're both sleeping at the same time and then you really have your hands free. I still might buy a cheap double stroller - you know, just for those days when you really need to tie them both in the stroller and go to the city etc. Other than that, this sling and (onesie) stroller -combo works just fine. I hated when I had to take the stroller inside the house because we don't have a warm garage etc where I could keep the stroller when not in use. I'm sure I'll have to buy that cheap double stroller someday soon because I can't carry my baby in the summer anymore when he starts walking, or at least I'm not planning on doing that. I'm already thinking (and fearing) about them both running away and a stroller-wheeled board -combo just isn't enough for us just quite yet. It's so much easier to buy a car than finding the right kinda vehicle for your two kids!! Anyway, we're good now :) And I babywear all the time: at home when I do things and need to have my baby close to me, when going to day care center to get my toddler, to the park, museum, shopping..you name it. But when wearing your baby and it's icy outside, these ice bugs are a must. Ugly as hell but they really are a must because falling is a def no no.

Wrap you in love


If you're interested in babywearing, I totally recommend Wrap you in love -site. I'm sure many of you knows about it but this is where I got that 'spark' on babywearing. This site has tutorials, great writings about babywearing in the winter time (what to wear, for you and your baby) and writings about different slings and other carriers. I found it most difficult when I started this that where can I find information on carrying? You know, a site that has everything on it. One site has tutorials, one has different slings/carriers and one has a blog about carrying. So check this out, I especially like this girls tutorials: they are so good that even I learned the basics just like that :) Right now I have a sling (AP snow tyger, which I mentioned above), a ring sling (just got it, not sure about it) and a manduca carrier. I also had a Fidella Fly Tai in new size, which was perfect for a bigger baby and up to a 104cm, but I sold it because that sling took me away :) Ha haa..no really, I can totally recommend that Fidella Fly Tai and Fidella in general - they delivered my Fly Tai in no time, from Germany to my front door. 2 days, I think? Those germans are fast, I gotta say :)

Okay, have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!