Divorcing but surprisingly falling for your ex?

New week and new challenges, every week! We had a really fun but relaxing - is it possible with three kids?! - weekend with seeing friends, sliding down the slopes and eating like there's no tomorrow :) And with that mixed with the title of this blog post, yes. The impossible is possible every now and the and miracles do happen even in our ordinary people's lives <3

Divorce - how it all started?

Back in august, right after my birthday and getting back to work after my maternity leave, I filed for divorce. We've been married for seven years but things happened in the past few years and sadly this was inevitable. It was a shock to everyone, including my husband. It lead to selling our house together, finding a new area for our family with two different homes and separate - we rented a hotel room at Forenom and switched that and our home. It was really tough for us but definitely for our kids. So that was back in september to november and I finally moved to my new home in the beginning of november. And boy that was the hardest part: I lived in this new neighborhood on my own, having kids at my place (we share custody) and every now and then being completely on my own at my place while kids were at the old house with their dad. I missed them like crazy!! Even though we dont have a week-to-week -type of custody and instead we see them every 2-3 days, it was tough. Finally december came and the new owners moved to our old home so my ex moved near me in to this new area and literally just a few steps away from me. That helped a lot because all of our kids were now in the same area and close to me all the time. Christmas was on its way and us parents decided were all gonna get along this holiday season and were also gonna spend the christmas as a family. And boy, did we get along!! We did! :D 

Falling for your ex despite the divorce proceedings?

And as the title says, in the end of the holiday season, I was a divorcing woman surprisingly falling for my ex. Things just fell in to pieces and we found each other again by talking. A lot. Kids were obviously more than happy to see their parents getting along so well, no fighting at all and people just enjoying their company.  We both were so concerned how this all could affect our kids so just to see them being so happy changes everything. 
Right now were one month away on filing the second phase of the divorce but were not sure what to do. To be honest, this two homes -model has its advantages in giving us both the freedom to do our own stuff every now and then, such as relaxing on the couch or going to the gym. A happy, relaxed parent is so much better than a worn out one, and I know that for sure. This pandemic going around isn't helping that at all while we both work remotely and therefore would have seen each other all the time. I'm that kind of person that really needs her own space so this works. Kids also kind of like it that they can switch homes every now and then but still be able to see their both parents a lot. I guess you have a family even in a non-traditional way and still be happy as our model shows :)

So right now we're both very happy as we sort of got our family back. It feels really good even though past fall was very tough on us. That's my story, thanks for reading it.
Hope everyone is still safe and healthy, let's not forget to keep distance and take care of us!  Have a good one :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!