Pros and cons on working part-time & new travel stroller [at] Lekmer!

Good afternoon, everyone!


Sun is shining here in Finland but at the same time it's really cold. -18 degrees this morning, brrr! I'm so glad I get to work from home every now and then :)
And hey let's talk a little about work. I returned back to work in january to work as a project manager but only part-time which in my case means fridays are off. Kids are either at home with me or it's my time to go to the gym (the only time I get to go there during the week) or just run errands. I know, you can judge me: why the hell my kids are at day-care if I'm at home? Well, you see, mama needs her own time as well and my kids really enjoy the day-care.


So the pros are:
- I do have my own-time, "me-time" to take care of my self
- kids can stay home with me if they want to (usually they don't!) or if they're sick, I won't miss a day at work
- my house is always clean on fridays. Not too much on saturdays but hey, that's another story ;)
- 4-day week is less stressful than a 5-day week (no shit, sherlock?!)
- it's my back-up for those days I do need to stay at home and don't wanna call in sick at work


The cons are:
- I do need to do the same amount of work in 4 days that usually require 5 days
- my paycheck is smaller (and that sucks!)


Okay, those are the ones I could think at the moment and really the only thing that sucks in this picture is that I do make less money. I know, this is not a permanent solution but right now this is awesome.


Travel stroller

We've usually had our double stroller (Phil & Teds) with us on our recent trips but now that our toddler, who by the way turns 4 this week, doesn't need a stroller anymore, I decided we need a new travel stroller. And not just any but a small, compatible one that folds easily and that you can carry easily with those ups and downs when you go to a place that doesn't have a lift anywhere near you. That kinda strollers are usually very expensive and I just don't wanna pay 500€ for travel stroller that you only use for couple of times. (In Finland you just wont need one here in the sub-urbs in the middle of winter, no way). That's why I'm so glad I found this new one from Lekmer, Chicco Miinimo. This one kinda looks like GB Qbit+ but is much cheaper (170€ vs 322€). So who's it for? For those who do travel randomly but quite often enough to use it for at 5 times and do need a small stroller for those "just in case" moments, for example at the mall when your little one gets tired. It folds into really small piece and you can carry it on your side so it's perfect for that kinda use. Maybe I should order this? :)



Chicco -Miinimo (with comfort Kit and raincover) Black Night 2017
Chicco Miinimo ([at]Lekmer)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!