New week filled with work, flu and snow

Monday and new week is here, and this week it's filled with work, flu and snow. I returned to work last monday after vacationing and spending almost 2 weeks with the family. January definitely is here and strong with upcoming work projects but kids being sick at the same time - it happens everytime! I'm so lucky to have a participating father for my three kids so we can always arrange the time for our kids but also for ourselves depending on our work schedule. This week is super busy for me and I just received a call from my kids daycare that my youngest is sick with flu. And that means workday is over for me and my youngest needs to be taken to the doctor but it also means a covid-test is needed. Ouch! 

Work, flu and snow

My work is very flexible and I'm very lucky about that. Meaning I work from home (just like everyone else at the moment due to the covid-situation) and can arrange my days if emergency situations like this appear. So first I'll take my kid to see a private doctor and get him covid-tested. It takes about 24 hours to get the testresults and I'm almost 100% sure he doesn't have it but as it is required to do it, I'll take him there. My boys just started at their new daycare so I'm sure this little flu is just about that - learning new people (teachers and friends) and besides it's been the coldest week here in Finland. It was -22 degrees this past weekend and boy was it cold! We were troopers and went outside for a little outing with all the clothes on we could ever find. It actually didn't feel all that cold but we were so tired after our outing that we all took a nap ;) And I'm definitely not whining about the weather because I really love our changing weather and the snow is really cool, kids and adults like it. There's so much more to do outdoors with the snow, such as sliding down the hill or cross-country skiing, or just simply climb up the snowhills. Oh and of course making a snow guy is fun :) 
Right now I'm just hoping I won't catch the flu or I'm outta the game for a while. I did take the flu-shot before christmas so I have my hopes up I wont catch it. Mommy needs to be able to take care of the family, kids (and daddy ;)) can feel free and rest.

That being said, I need to leave and go pick up my kid. Take care, stay safe & healthy, everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!