Moving to a new home and a discount on moving

 What a week it's been with moving in to a new home, packing and un-packing and finally making this my new home. New life as a single mom of three, bring it on!! *This blog post has ads.*

Moving discount at Offerilla

I started packing a week before my actual move which was the right choice with three kids and also I'm a working mom so time was limited. I wanted a moving firm to come and help me with mostly my furniture but also boxes and therefore I checked through major moving firms. The cost of moving kids beds, a kitchen table with four chairs, patio furniture and all the boxes varied from 400-1200€ euros. That was way more than my stuff cost since I didn't have a couch or a bed with me in my old home (those were delivered brand new from other places). So I googled some more and checked Offerilla and they actually had a quite a few different deals under "Palvelut/Services" section. I chose 2 hour moving with two movers and a big truck from a firm called KokoRent for 110€ which was a great deal for me. You can also choose 4 hour moving if you have lots of furniture or distance between your new and old homes are far away. 
In the end, I was happy and all of my stuff was delivered on time and nothing was broken. My couch and bed were delivered on time as well by another firm so my home is finally starting to look like home. So happy!

Starting all over

With this divorce and moving to a new home, you realize you have to start all over again with everything. Not to mention buying new furniture and spending a lot of money on that, you also have to have same toys in both houses and twice as many clothes in both houses. In Finland that means all the rain clothes too with changing weather. With toys that means I had to buy an Xbox for my kids here too - and these toys are expensive! But a Minecraft was needed and luckily I found a used one for 100€ with 10 games and that made my elder kids happy so I'm happy too :) But I gotta say, this divorce is getting the best out of me for sure and for reason I post-poned this for so long. The financial part of it is important of course but mentally this is hard. Kids are reacting in a different way and I'm hoping this will get better soon for all of us. Marriage is hard but divorce is even harder!!

All of my boys are here at my place over night for the first time ever since we share custody of them. So far so good and all slept all night :) Hope you have a great weekend ahead of you, we sure will :)

-H

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!