New beginnings

Fall is here and new beginnings hit our family big time: year-long battle with continuing our marriage or not has come to an end, and divorce is on the way. It's sad, obviously with three kids in the family, but we as parents are doing the best we can to be the best parents we can be. That's life. 
So what we're going through right now, is putting our house on the market and seeing multiple realtors - it's hard work!! Good thing is that I think we agreed on the one we're selecting and that's obviously a relief. Not only is our divorce in process,  there's so much paperwork that needs to be done that I have to admit there have been a few nightless nights..Right now I'm glad we're agreeing and finally seeing things eye-to-eye which makes things a bit easier. We're getting along pretty well since there are no fights anymore (for now) and the atmosphere at home is better. We've also decided we're gonna move close to one another because of the kids so they can see both parents 50-50% of time. I hate so see my kids miss mommy or daddy so we've come to this solution, and it feels right. At least for now since there's no third person in the picture so we'll see how (ugly) things turn by then. A little shocker, right?!

New furniture at Finnish Design Shop

If there's one thing I do when I'm stressed or just when ever is shopping. And this time I'm really gonna need to do it because half of our stuff is either gonna go to soon-to-ex's home and the other half we're gonna sell, and therefore start from the very beginning. I'm excited that I'll be able to decorate my new home the way I want to decorate it and Finnish Design Shop has the coolest, timeless and classy pieces of furniture I know. I love the scandinavian style and that's how I wanna have my home look like. Another great store to check out is Rum21 if you like scandinavian style but the have much more. And they have an inspiration site if you're stuck on what to pick to your home. Very handy especially for me since I'm not a stylist and I always need help on finding the right stuff. So that's my (retail)therapy and the number one way to get through this tough time. 


So that's how we roll this fall :) Lot's of new things to come, packing, moving, dealing with heartbreak, crying, getting through things, taking care of our kids - and finally moving. My youngest son and I will temporarily move to an apartment hotel near by for almost two months - just to make sure things wont get too heated here at home because of the kids. This apartment is so close by that I get to see my kids in the morning and pick them up from pre-k and day care in the afternoon. I'm hoping our house issues (selling this one and buying new ones for me and my soon-to-be-ex) will be solved by november. Crazy how things can go but hey - this is life! :) All the best for you, take care and I will as well :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down duvets on sale at Hemtex!

Carena Kobbe travel stroller on sale + more sale items at Lekmer!

Mountain buggy duet sisarusrattaat alessa!